For more than 160 years, Hood has been committed to supporting the communities in which it conducts business. Since dairy plays an important role in achieving good health, the company's community support efforts are focused on organizations that assist children and their families in the areas of health and nutrition.
Like most companies, we receive many more donation requests than we can fund. As our resources are limited, we must make difficult choices about how to allocate them. Therefore, we concentrate the majority of our giving in areas where we feel our donations can make the most strategic impact: organizations that assist children and their families in the areas of health and nutrition. In order to maximize our support for key focus areas and ensure effective resource use, we generally do not provide support for the following charitable purposes:
- Organizations not registered to operate with a 501(c)(3) tax status in the United States
- Sectarian activities of religious organizations
- Fraternal or labor organizations
- Benefit tickets or courtesy advertising
- Political campaigns
- Travel for individuals or groups (e.g. youth groups)
- Organizations that pose a conflict with our goals, programs, products or employees
Organizations are welcome to apply for in-kind donations for community events. Please note that organizations must apply at least four weeks in advance of your event date. Once selected, organizations will be notified as to how they can pick up their donation. Only one donation can be administered per year per organization. To request a donation, please send the following information by mail:
- Your name, organization name, address, telephone number and/or e-mail address (if applicable) on your organization’s letterhead.
- If you represent a not-for-profit organizations with 501(c)(3) status, please include this documentation.
- What Hood product would you like donated to your cause? What quantity are you requesting?
- Include event date or requested pick-up date.
- Include the population and geographic area that your organization services.
- Please provide a two- or three-sentence description of the specific event or program for which you are seeking a donation.
Please send all requests to:
Corporate Donations Program
HP Hood LLC
Six Kimball Lane
Lynnfield, MA 01940
Due to the volume of requests we receive, we cannot accept phone call inquiries about donations or application status. If you have addditional questions, please read our FAQs. We will respond to you via telephone, by e-mail or in writing with questions or a response to your request. Please allow at least four weeks for consideration of your request.