14 Ways to Use Cottage CheeseThe Hood Answer Mom, Elizabeth M. Ward, M.S., R.D.
I live on Hood Cottage Cheese, especially when I’m busy and I want great-tasting food, fast. Which is most of the time!
Cottage cheese is a convenient and versatile choice that adds flavor and good nutrition to any meal or snack, often with no cooking involved. Just a half-cup serving of Hood Cottage Cheese supplies more than double the protein found in low-fat yogurt, and it’s an excellent source of bone-building calcium, too.
Enjoy Hood Cottage Cheese in any form or flavor in a number of ways, including the following possibilities.
Top these with cottage cheese:
• Green salads and fruit salads
• Waffles and pancakes
• Toast and bagels
• Pureed soups, such as cream of tomato
• Baked sweet or white potato
Use cottage cheese as a dip for:
• Fresh fruits and vegetables
Layer cottage cheese with:
• Granola and fruit to make a parfait
Add cottage cheese to:
• Prepared or homemade guacamole
• Prepared or homemade salsa
• Scrambled eggs
• Warm tomato sauce to toss with cooked pasta
• Fruit and vegetable smoothies