- 1 uncooked, store-bought pie crust
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cups raw spinach, packed
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, quartered
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sundried tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Hood® Half-and-Half
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper, ground
- 3 oz. feta cheese crumbles
Preheat your oven to 425°. Add crust to pan with baking weights and par-bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
Place the canola oil and garlic in a large sauté pan. Turn the pan on high and watch closely for the garlic to turn golden brown. Add the chopped shallots and sauté until translucent. Add the spinach and cook just until wilted. Transfer the cooked spinach mixture to a plate and place in the refrigerator to cool completely. Roughly chop the spinach mixture.
In the par-baked pie crust, evenly layer the chopped spinach mixture, olives, sundried tomatoes, roasted red peppers and oregano. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, Hood® Half-and-Half, salt, and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the layered ingredients into the pie shell. Sprinkle the top of the egg mixture evenly with feta cheese crumble.
Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until golden brown on top, slightly puffed and totally set through the center.