- 1½ cups Hood Whole Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1½ Tbsp. ground turmeric
- 2 Tbsp. garam masala
- 2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 14.5-oz. cans chopped tomatoes, drained
- ¼ cup low sodium chicken broth or stock
- ½ cup Hood Half & Half
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ bunch cilantro leaves, stems removed, chopped
In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, turmeric, garam masala and cumin. Add the chicken and coat with the marinade. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and for up to 24 hours.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the butter. Add the peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the onion and cook for another 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until the onions start to brown.
Add the tomatoes and cook until for 2 minutes more.
Add the chicken and chicken broth to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Stir in the Half & Half and tomato paste and continue to simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about another 10 to 15 minutes.
Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves. Serve over white or brown rice.
PER SERVING(Butter Chicken only): Calories: 317, Carbohydrate: 12 grams, Fat: 13 grams, Saturated fat: 6 grams, Protein: 36 grams, Cholesterol: 127 milligrams, Sodium: 399 milligrams, Calcium: 82 milligrams.