Au Gratin Vegetable Bake
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1 cup Hood® Light Sour Cream
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. fresh ground white pepper
- 2 cups cooked chopped broccoli
- 2 cups cooked sliced carrots
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic to the pan and sauté until soft, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add thyme, cumin, and chili powder and sauté for another minute or two. Remove from heat.
In a large mixing bowl, combine sour cream, eggs, salt, and white pepper. Mix well. Add quinoa, broccoli and carrots to the bowl and combine well.
Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until set.
Per serving: Calories: 245, Carbohydrate: 29 grams, Fat: 11 grams, Saturated fat: 4 grams, Protein: 9 grams, Cholesterol: 78 milligrams, Sodium: 498 milligrams, Calcium: 102 milligrams.