Broccoli Rice with Shrimp
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10-ounce bag frozen riced broccoli (about 2 ¾ cups)
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup Hood® Half & Half
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces large raw shrimp, cleaned and shelled, with tails removed
- Crushed red pepper flakes for garnish, if desired
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
Add the broccoli and the black pepper to the pan and stir to combine, cooking for another 3 minutes. Add Half & Half and cheese and stir to combine.
Add shrimp, placing them on top of the broccoli mixture and cook until they are no longer translucent and pink on both sides, about 5 to 7 minutes. Do not overcook. Top with crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
Per serving: Calories: 256, Carbohydrate: 7 grams, Protein: 29 grams, Fiber: 3 grams, Fat: 13 grams, Saturated fat: 5 grams, Cholesterol: 209 milligrams, Sodium: 267 milligrams, Calcium: 211 milligrams.