Bruschetta Cottage Cheese Spread
- 12 one-inch slices whole wheat baguette, toasted
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (about 2 large tomatoes)
- 2 tsp. prepared minced garlic (or 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced)
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup Hood® Country Style Cottage Cheese
- 1 tsp. small capers, drained, if desired
Place the tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl. Mix together.
When ready to serve, spoon equal amounts of the cottage cheese on to the toasted bread, and top with equal amounts of the tomato mixture.
Garnish with capers, if desired.
Per serving: Calories: 181, Carbohydrate: 27 grams, Fat: 3 gram, Saturated fat: 1 gram, Protein: 11 grams, Cholesterol: 8 milligrams, Sodium: 589 milligrams, Calcium: 118 milligrams.