- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp. ground chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 8 oz. can tomato paste
- 2 lbs. ground turkey or beef*
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 12 oz. can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 12 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 cup water
- 1/2cup Hood® Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
In a large heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, salt, chili powder and oregano, and cook until the onion is light golden, stirring for about 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste; cook 1 minute more.
Add the ground turkey or beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, and cook for 3-5 minutes or until all meat is cooked through.
Add the diced tomatoes and beans; bring to a boil. Add red pepper, jalapeño, minced garlic, cumin, cayenne and coriander, and stir until evenly distributed. Stir in one cup of water. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thick, 35 to 40 minutes. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
Per Serving: Calories: 469, Carbohydrate: 46 grams, Fat: 13 grams, Saturated fat: 4 grams, Protein: 44 grams, Cholesterol: 73 milligrams, Sodium: 541 milligrams, Calcium: 162 milligrams.