Chicken and Vegetable Chowder
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 1/2 cups cooked broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups Hood® Whole Milk in the LightBlock Bottle
- 2 cups cooked, chopped or shredded chicken
- 1 cup canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese
Heat canola oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, and garlic. Cook until the vegetables are soft. Add the thyme, celery seed, and parsley and sauté for another minute or two.
Add chicken broth, corn, broccoli and milk. Cover, and simmer on low heat for five minutes. Add chicken and beans and stir well. Top each serving bowl with equal amounts of cheese. Serve warm.
Per Serving: Calories: 400, Carbohydrate: 24 grams, Fat: 12 grams, Saturated fat: 4 grams, Protein: 48 grams, Cholesterol: 119 milligrams, Sodium: 382 milligrams, Calcium: 238 milligrams.