Creamy Chickpea Curry
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup mild, medium or hot Indian curry paste
- 1 1/2 cups puréed tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Hood® Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice, cooked according to package directions
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, garlic and ginger, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables have softened.
Stir in chickpeas and curry paste; cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until chickpeas are well coated. Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
Stir in sour cream and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro. Stir in 4 cups baby spinach at the end if desired. Cook just until spinach starts to wilt.
Per Serving: Calories: 343, Carbohydrate: 48 grams, Fat: 12 grams, Saturated fat: 3 grams, Protein: 11 grams, Cholesterol: 13 milligrams, Sodium: 619 milligrams, Calcium: 78 milligrams.