- 4 oz brick-style plain cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Hood® Sour Cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 Tbsp each finely chopped fresh basil and parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
Preheat oven to 400°F. Using electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth; beat in egg yolk and mustard. Stir in bacon, chives, basil, parsley, garlic and pepper; refrigerate until ready to use.
Beat egg with 1 tbsp water; set aside. On lightly floured surface, unroll each sheet of pastry; cut each sheet into 9 squares. Place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
Using sharp paring knife, score 1/2-inch border around each pastry square (if pastry is too soft to work with, pop into freezer for a few minutes). Spoon 2 tsp filling onto center of each pastry square, inside score lines. Sprinkle Asiago cheese over top. Brush pastry with egg wash; bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Per serving: Calories: 216, Carbohydrate: 13 grams, Fat: 16 grams, Saturated fat: 5 grams, Protein: 5 grams, Cholesterol: 35 milligrams, Sodium: 189 milligrams, Calcium: 46 milligrams.