Loaded Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2-4 slices of thick-cut bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- Flakey sea salt
- Hood® Cottage Cheese with Chive
- 2 scallions, sliced on the bias
- Handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- Any other toppings, such as: black beans (drained and rinsed), leftover meat, shredded cheese, etc
Preheat over the 452 degrees.
Poke each potato about 3-4 times with a fork or pairing knife. Nestle a cooling rack instead a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easier clean up. (Or can skip the rack if you don't have one)
Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until easily pierced with a knife (or until internal temperature reaches 205 degrees).
While potatoes are baking, slice bacon into lardons and cook in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
When potatoes are ready to serve, carefully cut open the top of each potato. Add a half tablespoon of butter if using and sprinkle with flakey sea salt. Fill each potato with desire amount of cottage cheese and sprinkle with desired toppings.