- 10 sundried tomato halves, cut into quarters
- 8 oz. dried pasta, such as rotini or ziti
- 10 oz. fresh spinach, cleaned, rinsed, and shredded
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 1/2 cups Hood® Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 4 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Cook the pasta according to package directions, adding sundried tomatoes to cooking water. Drain pasta and tomato mixture. Meanwhile, steam spinach for 1 to 2 minutes in large pan with about 1 inch of water on the bottom. Drain.
Add back to original pan, along with olive oil and garlic. Sauté over medium heat for 2 minutes, taking care not to burn garlic. Add cooked pasta and tomatoes to pan with spinach, along with cottage cheese. Warm for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Transfer pasta-spinach mixture to large serving bowl. Toss with Feta cheese and fresh ground pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: Calories: 431, Carbohydrate: 49 grams, Fat: 18 grams, Saturated fat: 7 grams, Protein: 19 grams, Cholesterol: 42 milligrams, Sodium: 450 milligrams, Calcium: 271 milligrams.