- 1 uncooked, store-bought pie crust
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cups raw spinach, packed
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, quartered
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Hood® Half-and-Half
- 1/2 tsp. each salt, ground black pepper
- 3 oz. feta cheese crumbles
Preheat oven to 425°F. Add baking weights to the crust and par-bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 325° F.
Heat canola oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the chopped shallots and sauté until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the spinach and cook just until wilted. Transfer spinach mixture to a plate and place in the refrigerator to cool completely.
Roughly chop the spinach mixture. Evenly layer the spinach mixture, olives, sundried tomatoes, roasted red peppers and oregano in the pie crust. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, Hood® Half-and-Half, salt, and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in the pie shell. Sprinkle evenly with feta cheese.
Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until golden brown on top, slightly puffed and totally set through the center.
Per Serving: Calories: 398, Carbohydrate: 21 grams, Fat: 28 grams, Saturated fat: 12 grams, Protein: 12 grams, Cholesterol: 177 milligrams, Sodium: 826 milligrams, Calcium: 215 milligrams.