New England Clam Chowder
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 large white potatoes, diced
- 2 cups bottled clam juice
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup Hood® Light Cream, heated
- 3 6.5-ounce cans chopped clams
- Fresh ground pepper to taste, salt if needed
In a large saucepan add olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and potatoes to the pan and cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add the clam juice and water. Cover and cook over medium heat until the potatoes are tender. Stir in the butter, warm cream, clams, and pepper. Serve in warm bowls.
Per Serving: Calories: 199, Carbohydrate: 20 grams, Fat: 10 grams, Saturated fat: 5 grams, Protein: 10 grams, Cholesterol: 42 milligrams, Sodium: 371 milligrams, Calcium: 68 milligrams.