Red Curry Lentils with Greens and Rice
- 3/4 cup Hood® Whole Milk in the LightBlock Bottle
- 2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. tomato paste
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive or canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups brown or green lentils, canned and drained, or cooked from dried
- 1 1/2 cups chopped frozen kale, defrosted
- 2 cups cooked white rice
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, red curry paste, tomato paste, salt, and pepper.
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
Add the lentils and kale to the skillet and combine with the onion mixture. Add the milk mixture to the pan and stir gently. Heat over medium heat until warm, about 5 minutes.
To serve, spoon the lentil mixture over the rice.
Per Serving: Calories: 312, Carbohydrate: 51 grams, Protein: 14 grams, Fiber: 8 grams, Fat: 6 grams, Saturated fat: 1 gram, Cholesterol: 5 milligrams, Sodium: 709 milligrams, Calcium: 103 milligrams.