Roasted Shrimp and Orzo Salad
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and reveined
- 1 1/2 tsp. + 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup orzo, uncooked
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 9-oz package frozen plain artichokes, thawed
- 1 cup Hood® No Salt Added Lowfat Cottage Cheese
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh fill or 1 tsp dried dill
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Place shrimp in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil. Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper, if desired. Roast for 5 minutes.
Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Place orzo in a large serving bowl. Add three tablespoons olive oil, salt, lemon juice and pepper and toss to coat orzo.
Add artichokes, feta cheese, cottage cheese, tomatoes, and roasted shrimp. Garnish with dill and serve or refrigerate.
Per Serving: Calories: 222, Carbohydrate: 16 grams, Fat: 9 grams, Saturated fat: 2 grams, Protein: 21 grams, Cholesterol: 117 milligrams, Sodium: 312 milligrams, Calcium: 117 milligrams.