Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 Tbsp. olive or canola oil
- 3 large celery stalks, chopped
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 7 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary (or 3 fresh sprigs)
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 8 oz. wide egg noodles or other macaroni
- 3/4 cup Hood® Light Cream
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the celery, carrots, and onion. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes. (You can skip this step and add the vegetables directly to the slow cooker if you are short on time.)
Place the vegetable mixture in the slow cooker. Add the chicken broth, thyme, rosemary, pepper, and chicken. Stir gently to combine.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 1/2 hours or on LOW for 7 hours. Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Using two forks, shred the chicken into bite-size pieces. Add the chicken back to the slow cooker.
Add the noodles and cover. Cook for 8 minutes. Turn slow cooker off and add the cream, stirring to combine, and more chicken broth, as needed. Cover and allow to sit for five to 10 minutes or until the soup reaches the desired temperature.
Per Serving: Calories: 343, Carbohydrate: 27 grams, Protein: 34 grams, Fiber: 2 grams, Fat: 10 grams, Saturated fat: 3 grams, Cholesterol: 117 milligrams, Sodium: 686 milligrams, Calcium: 69 milligrams.