Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast or boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsps. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 10-oz. can red enchilada sauce
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups plain frozen corn, defrosted
- 3/4 cup Hood® Light Sour Cream
- Fresh cilantro, roughly chopped, if desired
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, pepper, and garlic to the pan and cook until slightly tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker.
Add chicken to the slow cooker, placing on top of the onion mixture. Add the chicken broth, cumin, chili powder, oregano, and enchilada sauce. Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 hours, 45 minutes or on LOW for 7 hours, 30 minutes.
Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred, using two forks. Add the chicken back to the slow cooker, and add the black beans, corn, and sour cream. Stir to combine well. Cover slow cooker and turn it off. Allow soup to sit for 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with cilantro and serve with tortilla chips and lime wedges.
Per Serving: Calories: 452, Carbohydrate: 42 grams, Protein: 36 grams, Fiber: 9 grams, Fat: 17 grams, Saturated fat: 4 grams, Cholesterol: 93 milligrams, Sodium: 882 milligrams, Calcium: 106 milligrams.