Turkey Burgers with Avocado Sauce
- 1/2 cup Hood® Low Fat Cottage Cheese + 2 Tbsp.
- 1 lb. 95% lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 6 (2 oz.) hamburger buns
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and diced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Place cottage cheese in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth, about 45 seconds.
In a large bowl, combine ½ cup of the cottage cheese with the turkey, egg, breadcrumbs, cumin, chili powder, and black pepper. Form mixture into 6 burgers.
Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil. Add burger sand cook for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the middle of the burger registers 165˚F.
To make the sauce, combine the avocado, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until mostly smooth. Add the 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese and pulse to combine.
To serve, place cooked burger on buns and top with avocado sauce.