Baked Chicken with Cottage Cheese
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast
- ½ cup Cottage Cheese with Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- ½ cup plain panko crumbs
- For garnish (optional): Chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
Blot chicken breast dry with a paper towel and place into baking dish. Rub with extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt, garlic powder and pepper on both sides. Spoon cottage cheese overtop chicken breasts, then top with cheddar and panko crumbs.
Bake chicken for 35-40 minutes until chicken reaches an internal temperature of ~160 degrees F (chicken will continue to rise in temperature, once you remove it from the oven, to a safe internal of 165 degrees F), as measured with a meat thermometer, in the thickest part of the breast. Bake time will vary depending on individual ovens. Remove from oven. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.