Dark Chocolate Brownies with Peppermint Whipped Cream
- 1 package (18.2 ounces) dark chocolate fudge brownie mix
- Water, oil, and egg(s) called for by the brownie mix
- 1 cup Hood® Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 16 round red and white peppermint candies, crushed (or mini candy canes)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
In a medium mixing bowl, prepare brownies according to package directions. Place the mixing bowl and the beaters of an electric mixer in the refrigerator.
Spoon the batter into the muffin pan. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool brownies in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from muffin pan and cool completely.
Just before serving, remove the chilled bowl and beaters from the refrigerator. Place the cream, confectioners' sugar, and peppermint extract in the bowl. Beat on high speed just until stiff peaks form.
Top each brownie with 2 to 3 tablespoons whipped cream. Garnish with crushed peppermint candy.
Per Serving: Calories: 425, Carbohydrate: 44 grams, Fat: 25 grams, Saturated fat: 9 grams, Protein: 3 grams, Cholesterol: 58 milligrams, Sodium: 191 milligrams, Calcium: 4 milligrams.