Potato Salad with Cottage Cheese
- 2 pounds small waxy red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 small clamshell fresh chives (3/4 ounce package), thinly sliced, divided
- 1 ½ cups Cottage Cheese with Everything Bagel Seasoning
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Place potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover them by about 1 inch. Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer potatoes uncovered until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes well and add to a large serving bowl. Add celery, red onion and the majority of the chives to the bowl with the potatoes, reserving about a teaspoon of chives to sprinkle on the finished dish.
Whisk together cottage cheese, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over potatoes. Toss gently to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
Chill for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
Top with remaining chives.