Three Egg Omelet with Cottage Cheese
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup Cottage Cheese with Everything Bagel Seasoning, divided
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup baby greens (baby spinach or baby arugula), loosely packed, optional
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
Whisk eggs and ¼ cup cottage cheese together. Pour mixture into hot pan. As edges begin to set, gently push the cooked edges towards the center of the pan with a spatula and tilt the pan so that the uncooked egg runs underneath. Continue pushing the cooked edges towards the center and tilting the pan as needed to cook the eggs.
Once the omelet appears to have no uncooked liquid egg remaining on the surface, but still appears moist, add the remaining ¼ cup cottage cheese, 2 tablespoons cheddar and baby greens (if using) to one half of the omelet. Fold the other half onto the cottage cheese half. Continue cooking 1-2 minutes, allowing the cheese to warm through and spinach to wilt slightly. Top with remaining 2 tablespoons cheddar. Remove from heat.
Sprinkle omelet with fresh chives and pepper.